Daniels hopes to return before All-Star
|01.22.10 at 7:24 pm ET|
BOSTON — Marquis Daniels has not been told a definitive date, but he hopes to return to action prior to the All-Star Break.
Daniels has been sidelined since undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb in December. He had the hard cast removed on Thursday and will wear a soft cast while he continues his rehab.
His return depends on when he can regain a full range of motion in his thumb.
“Right now it’s not really painful, it’s just stiff,” he said before the Celtics – Trail Blazers game, adding, “[My return] could be earlier. It just depends on how my body reacts to it.”
Daniels expects to practice in a week or so. In the meantime, he is just happy to see the hard cast gone.
“It’s very relieving,” he said. “No more tying my hand up to take a shower, tying my shoe, all the small things. “
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10