Daniels hopes to return before All-Star
|01.22.10 at 7:24 pm ET|
BOSTON — Marquis Daniels has not been told a definitive date, but he hopes to return to action prior to the All-Star Break.
Daniels has been sidelined since undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb in December. He had the hard cast removed on Thursday and will wear a soft cast while he continues his rehab.
His return depends on when he can regain a full range of motion in his thumb.
“Right now it’s not really painful, it’s just stiff,” he said before the Celtics – Trail Blazers game, adding, “[My return] could be earlier. It just depends on how my body reacts to it.”
Daniels expects to practice in a week or so. In the meantime, he is just happy to see the hard cast gone.
“It’s very relieving,” he said. “No more tying my hand up to take a shower, tying my shoe, all the small things. “
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?