Daniels hopes to return before All-Star
|01.22.10 at 7:24 pm ET|
BOSTON — Marquis Daniels has not been told a definitive date, but he hopes to return to action prior to the All-Star Break.
Daniels has been sidelined since undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb in December. He had the hard cast removed on Thursday and will wear a soft cast while he continues his rehab.
His return depends on when he can regain a full range of motion in his thumb.
“Right now it’s not really painful, it’s just stiff,” he said before the Celtics – Trail Blazers game, adding, “[My return] could be earlier. It just depends on how my body reacts to it.”
Daniels expects to practice in a week or so. In the meantime, he is just happy to see the hard cast gone.
“It’s very relieving,” he said. “No more tying my hand up to take a shower, tying my shoe, all the small things. “
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...