C’s say Giddens knee surgery successful
|02.02.10 at 4:35 pm ET|
The Celtics announced Tuesday afternoon that guard J.R. Giddens underwent successful left knee arthroscopic surgery at the New England Baptist Hospital. The surgery was performed by team physician, Dr. Brian McKeon and assisted by John Rand. No timetable has been set for his return. Giddens, a 6-foot-5 guard, has appeared in 21 games for the Celtics this season and registered season-highs of six points and seven rebounds against New Jersey on Jan. 13. In four games on assignment for the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League this season, he averaged 18.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.0 steal in 31.8 minutes per game.
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4