C’s say Giddens knee surgery successful
|02.02.10 at 4:35 pm ET|
The Celtics announced Tuesday afternoon that guard J.R. Giddens underwent successful left knee arthroscopic surgery at the New England Baptist Hospital. The surgery was performed by team physician, Dr. Brian McKeon and assisted by John Rand. No timetable has been set for his return. Giddens, a 6-foot-5 guard, has appeared in 21 games for the Celtics this season and registered season-highs of six points and seven rebounds against New Jersey on Jan. 13. In four games on assignment for the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League this season, he averaged 18.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.0 steal in 31.8 minutes per game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason