C’s say Giddens knee surgery successful
|02.02.10 at 4:35 pm ET|
The Celtics announced Tuesday afternoon that guard J.R. Giddens underwent successful left knee arthroscopic surgery at the New England Baptist Hospital. The surgery was performed by team physician, Dr. Brian McKeon and assisted by John Rand. No timetable has been set for his return. Giddens, a 6-foot-5 guard, has appeared in 21 games for the Celtics this season and registered season-highs of six points and seven rebounds against New Jersey on Jan. 13. In four games on assignment for the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League this season, he averaged 18.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.0 steal in 31.8 minutes per game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...