Pierce, Daniels make Magical returns
|02.07.10 at 2:00 pm ET|
Celtics coach Doc Rivers confirmed before Sunday’s game that Paul Pierce and Marquis Daniels will play against the Magic. Pierce missed the last two games with a left mid-foot strain while Daniels has been out since having surgery on a torn ligament in his left thumb.
“I didn’t think he looked great [Saturday] so we’ll just see,” Rivers said. “A lot of times, it’s just him testing it out instead of playing on it so it can fool you.”
Rivers said he did something he rarely does. He asked Pierce how he feels the day of the game.
“I went to him today, which I rarely do and went back to him, ‘Are you sure?’ And he said, ‘The pain’s on the top of the foot. It’s not anything under the foot. I can push off fine I just hope I don’t get kicked in it or stepped on.
“I said, ‘I’m sure that’s going to happen now.’ That’s all he’s concerned with.”
[Click here to hear Rivers talk about Pierce’s return before the game.]
Pierce didn’t speak before the game about his return but Daniels did.
“I’m pretty excited,” Daniels said. “I’m ready to get out there and get active.”
His only concern is not having the thumb tested by getting it whacked in practice first before game action. To soften the expected blow, he will wear a bandage with a cushion on his left thumb.
“I still didn’t get it hit,” Daniels added. “I’m quite sure that somebody’s going to hit it today.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason