Halftime wrap: Celtics vs. Kings
|02.16.10 at 11:11 pm ET|
After a sloppy first quarter defensively, the Celtics rode their bench to a 57-52 halftime lead over the Kings. Led by Rasheed Wallace’s 10 points, and inspired defensive play, the Celtics took control midway through the quarter and led by as many as 11 points.
Wallace was hardly the only bench contributor. Eddie House knocked down three 3-pointers, Glen Davis had six points and six rebounds and Marquis Daniels did his usual all-around number with seven points, three rebounds and a steal.
The second unit’s production was critical because Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo shot a combined 4-for-15. Despite that, there were other positive signs for the Celtics offensively. They only turned the ball over five times and made half of their 12 3-point attempts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?