|First quarter wrap: Celtics vs. Lakers||02.18.10 at 11:15 pm ET|
The Celtics started quickly with an 11-2 run to open the game, but the Lakers closed the gap in the final minute, leaving the Celtics with a 29-27 lead after one. Rajon Rondo scored eight points and had two assists, while Ray Allen made all four of his shots to finish the quarter with nine points.
The Lakers are playing without Kobe Bryant and repeatedly tried to establish themselves in the post with Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, who each scored points.
Newest Celtics Nate Robinson and Marcus Landry are not with the team.
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors
- Celtics offseason trade ideas
- Ainge elaborates on comments about Pierce and Garnett
- Waiting on news about Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett
- Ainge in no hurry to call Kevin Garnett
- The doctor is in: Rivers to return for 2013-2014 season