Meet Marcus Landry
|02.18.10 at 4:40 pm ET|
Talk of Nate Robinson being dealt to the Celtics has been buzzing for days. At the last minute, a new name was added to the trade mix. A source close to the situation told WEEI.com that Marcus Landry also is coming to Boston. Here are a few quick facts about the Celtics’ reported newest addition:
Height/Weight: 6-7, 230 pounds
Birthdate: Nov. 1, 1985
NBA Experience: Rookie
‘¢ Landry played four years at the University of Wisconsin. He averaged 12.7 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists his senior year of 2008-09.
‘¢ While at Wisconsin, Landry was featured on ESPN.com for juggling academics, athletics, and fatherhood.
‘¢ He went undrafted out of college in 2009 and played for the Sacramento Kings‘ summer league team. He posted 9.4 points (48.5 percent FG, 41.7 percent 3PG) and 3.6 rebounds in five games.
‘¢ Following summer league, Landry paid his own way to try out with the Knicks in New York. While there he stayed at an $80-a-night hotel, out of his own pocket.
‘¢ Landry played in 17 games this season for the Knicks, averaging 2.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in 6.4 minutes. He most recently scored three points in seven minutes against the Bulls on Tuesday.
‘¢ He’s the brother of NBA player Carl Landry, who also was traded Thursday, from the Rockets to the Kings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason