|Meet Marcus Landry||02.18.10 at 4:40 pm ET|
Talk of Nate Robinson being dealt to the Celtics has been buzzing for days. At the last minute, a new name was added to the trade mix. A source close to the situation told WEEI.com that Marcus Landry also is coming to Boston. Here are a few quick facts about the Celtics’ reported newest addition:
Height/Weight: 6-7, 230 pounds
Birthdate: Nov. 1, 1985
NBA Experience: Rookie
• Landry played four years at the University of Wisconsin. He averaged 12.7 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists his senior year of 2008-09.
• While at Wisconsin, Landry was featured on ESPN.com for juggling academics, athletics, and fatherhood.
• He went undrafted out of college in 2009 and played for the Sacramento Kings’ summer league team. He posted 9.4 points (48.5 percent FG, 41.7 percent 3PG) and 3.6 rebounds in five games.
• Following summer league, Landry paid his own way to try out with the Knicks in New York. While there he stayed at an $80-a-night hotel, out of his own pocket.
• Landry played in 17 games this season for the Knicks, averaging 2.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in 6.4 minutes. He most recently scored three points in seven minutes against the Bulls on Tuesday.
• He’s the brother of NBA player Carl Landry, who also was traded Thursday, from the Rockets to the Kings.
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Mason Plumlee
- NBA Draft Lottery: Cleveland Cavs get top pick, Washington Wizards move...
- The Pelicans rumor: Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley for Eric Gordon
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/21
- Terrence Williams tweets - thanks people for support
- Terrence Williams future with Boston Celtics in doubt
- Terrence Williams bail set at $25,000