Meet Marcus Landry
|02.18.10 at 4:40 pm ET|
Talk of Nate Robinson being dealt to the Celtics has been buzzing for days. At the last minute, a new name was added to the trade mix. A source close to the situation told WEEI.com that Marcus Landry also is coming to Boston. Here are a few quick facts about the Celtics’ reported newest addition:
Height/Weight: 6-7, 230 pounds
Birthdate: Nov. 1, 1985
NBA Experience: Rookie
‘¢ Landry played four years at the University of Wisconsin. He averaged 12.7 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists his senior year of 2008-09.
‘¢ While at Wisconsin, Landry was featured on ESPN.com for juggling academics, athletics, and fatherhood.
‘¢ He went undrafted out of college in 2009 and played for the Sacramento Kings‘ summer league team. He posted 9.4 points (48.5 percent FG, 41.7 percent 3PG) and 3.6 rebounds in five games.
‘¢ Following summer league, Landry paid his own way to try out with the Knicks in New York. While there he stayed at an $80-a-night hotel, out of his own pocket.
‘¢ Landry played in 17 games this season for the Knicks, averaging 2.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in 6.4 minutes. He most recently scored three points in seven minutes against the Bulls on Tuesday.
‘¢ He’s the brother of NBA player Carl Landry, who also was traded Thursday, from the Rockets to the Kings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...