Fast Break: Celtics vs. Cavaliers
|02.25.10 at 10:48 pm ET|
Well, it happened again.
The Celtics blew a one-point fourth quarter lead and found themselves looking at a double-digit deficit down the stretch.
The Cavaliers simply had more hustle and more energy when it counted. They outscored the Celtics 35-14 in the fourth to take away a 108-88 victory in Boston.
Player of the Game: LeBron James carried his team the entire game. He had scored 32 of the Cavaliers 73 points after three and finished the night with 36.
Turning Point:The Cavaliers took a 75-74 lead off of a J.J. Hickson bucket and never looked back. Even with James on the bench, they stretched the lead and created a cushion for James when he returned.
– Kendrick Perkins and James got involved in a tiff in the fourth quarter. Perkins took offense to James’ foul, and Anderson Varejao stepped in to interject. Varejao got whistled for a technical.
– It was a night of debuts at the Garden. Former Celtic Leon Powe played his first game of the regular season while newly acquired Marcus Landry made his debut for the C’s.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason