- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Fast Break: Celtics vs. Cavaliers
Posted By Jessica Camerato On February 25, 2010 @ 10:48 pm In General | No Comments
Well, it happened again.
The Celtics blew a one-point fourth quarter lead and found themselves looking at a double-digit deficit down the stretch.
The Cavaliers simply had more hustle and more energy when it counted. They outscored the Celtics 35-14 in the fourth to take away a 108-88 victory in Boston.
Player of the Game: LeBron James carried his team the entire game. He had scored 32 of the Cavaliers 73 points after three and finished the night with 36.
Turning Point:The Cavaliers took a 75-74 lead off of a J.J. Hickson bucket and never looked back. Even with James on the bench, they stretched the lead and created a cushion for James when he returned.
- Marquis Daniels played 24 minutes starting in place of Paul Pierce. Despite battling the flu, he played strong defense against James early on and helped the Celtics maintain their first half lead.
- Kendrick Perkins and James got involved in a tiff in the fourth quarter. Perkins took offense to James’ foul, and Anderson Varejao stepped in to interject. Varejao got whistled for a technical.
- It was a night of debuts at the Garden. Former Celtic Leon Powe played his first game of the regular season while newly acquired Marcus Landry made his debut for the C’s.
- Ray Allen led the Celtics with 21 points. Rajon Rondo recorded a double-double with 19 points and 11 assists.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/02/25/fast-break-celtics-vs-cavaliers/
URLs in this post:
 > Fast Break: Celtics vs. Cavaliers" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/02/25/fast-break-celtics-vs-cavaliers/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.