Second Quarter Wrap: Celtics vs. Nets
|02.27.10 at 2:06 pm ET|
Doc Rivers kept the starters on the bench for the first five minutes of the second quarter. The Nets pushed the lead up to 37-31 before the Celtics called a timeout to regroup. During that stretch the Celtics shot 2-for-7 while the Nets shot 3-for-6.
Kendrick Perkins and Rajon Rondo checked back in to little avail. The Nets took a 46-36 lead — a 20-point turnaround — and prompted boos from the crowd.
The Celtics picked up some steam once the remaining starters got back on the court, but only cut the deficit to seven-points, 49-42, at halftime. Perkins picked up a technical along the way.
Kevin Garnett leads the Celtics with 10 points. Brook Lopez scored a team-high 13 for the Nets.
- Doc, Defesne, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses