|Perk out sick||03.01.10 at 12:58 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Kendrick Perkins did not practice on Monday and is not making the afternoon trip with the team to Detroit, according to the team.
Perkins, who played in the team’s loss to New Jersey on Saturday, became sick over the weekend, the latest player to battle flu-like symptoms. The Celtics play in Detroit on Tuesday before returning home for a game against Charlotte at TD Garden on Wednesday. Marquis Daniels and Paul Pierce had to miss parts of last week with flu-like symptoms.
“If he’s feeling better he’s going to fly up [Tuesday] to the game,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. “Obviously, I don’t see that happening but if he’s feeling a lot better, we’ll have him do that. We just have so many guys that aren’t feeling well right now that we can’t afford to even have a guy around anybody else to let it start up again. We’re taking a different measure right now. We’re keeping all unhealthy people away from each other right now, even with injuries. Just stay away.”
If Perkins can’t go, Rivers said Wallace would likely start in Perkins’ place at center.
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot