|03.02.10 at 8:52 pm ET|
After 24 minutes at the Palace the Celtics once again find themselves with work to do against a sub. 500 team. Still, the Celtics will take their 55-52 lead, no matter how poorly they played.
Detroit still can’t find the range from long distance (0-for-10), but the Pistons have done their work inside, particularly Jason Maxiell who has four of their nine offensive rebounds.
Rajon Rondo has 11 points and six assists, but he also has four turnovers, and did not play well until the final minutes of the half. The one bright spot for the Celtics was the play of Shelden Williams who saw his first significant action in over a month and responded with four points and two rebounds in eight minutes.
Austin Daye, the son of former Celtic Darren Daye, had a big half with nine points and four rebounds for Detroit.
Kevin Garnett picked up a technical foul late in the half.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?