Reports: C’s have interest in Finley
|03.02.10 at 8:21 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Celtics are interested in swingman Michael Finley, who asked for and was given his release by the Spurs Monday. Finley, who turns 37 Saturday, played just 25 games this season for the Spurs, averaging 3.7 points.
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports quoted Finley’s agent, Henry Thomas, who explained why Finley wanted to leave San Antonio after five seasons: “It was a situation where the Spurs understood why Michael wanted to pursue other opportunities elsewhere. He wants to be part of the mix again. He’s a competitor who has never been in that position [of not playing] before.’
Finley broke into the NBA in 1995 with the Suns, who drafted him 21st overall out of Wisconsin. He was traded midway through the following season to Dallas, where he played 8½ years, including two All-Star seasons in 1999-2000 and 2000-01. He joined the Spurs in 2005 as a free agent and won an NBA title in 2007. He has a career average of 15.9 points per game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...