Pierce speaks his mind
|03.03.10 at 8:22 pm ET|
“I don’t have that mindset,” Pierce said. “If some players feel that way, then I think it’s shame on them. That’s what the regular season is about, is building for the playoffs. We haven’t been a team that has proved we coast during the season and turn it on in the playoffs. There’s no excuses. This is the build-up for the playoffs. You have to start playing well now.”
Before Saturday’s home court loss to hapless New Jersey, Kendrick Perkins admitted that the Celtics sometimes look bored and veterans like Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen can’t wait for the playoffs.
Pierce said he believes the team can win its second world championship in three seasons if only it gets its act together on its home court.
Entering Wednesday’s game against Charlotte, the Celtics were a very average 16-11 in 27 home games, the second-most losses of the 16 teams currently in playoff position.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...