|Third quarter: Celtics-Bobcats||03.03.10 at 9:23 pm ET|
Looking to put some distance between themselves and the Bobcats, the Celtics finally put together a complete third quarter turning a nine-point halftime lead into an 82-61 advantage.
Paul Pierce continued his hot shooting and scored 13 of his 27 points in the quarter. It’s the most points for Pierce since he scored 35 against the Hawks in late January. Kevin Garnett is the only starter in double-figures with 12 points. Somewhat surprisingly, Ray Allen has scored only three points and taken just two shots.
Things got testy midway through the quarter when Stephen Jackson and Paul Pierce received double technical fouls. A few minutes later Tyrus Thomas picked one up as well.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed