Fast Break: Celtics vs. 76ers
|03.05.10 at 9:36 pm ET|
The Celtics defeated the 76ers 96-86 on Friday in Philadelphia. They took the regular season series 3-1 and improved to 38-21.
Player of the Game: Rajon Rondo recorded his 31st double-double of the season with 16 points and 11 assists. He did all of his scoring in the second half to give the Celtics the edge they needed to outlast the 76ers.
Turning Point: Rondo hit his first basket of the game until 3:45 into the third quarter. He then scored 14 points over the next eight minutes. Rondo tied the game at 52 apiece and put the Celtics up 74-67 heading into the fourth.
- Ray Allen and Elton Brand kicked off the game with an offensive duel. Brand scored 12 points in the first quarter alone and Allen was right behind him with 11. Brand finished the night with 17 points; Allen scored 16.
- The Celtics committed 12 turnovers in the first half. They were called for just five turnovers in the second.
- Kendrick Perkins and Marreese Speights were issued technical fouls in separate incidents. Perkins picked up his 13th T of the season. While talking whistles, Pierce was on the receiving end of a tough foul. He drew a charge against Willie Green, fell to the ground and the paint, and was applauded by Garnett before being helped help (translation: KG slapped his hands repeatedly and yelled in applause).
- Tony Allen sat out with a sore hip that he suffered in Wednesday’s game against the Bobcats.
- The Celtics will return home to Boston to face the Wizards on Sunday night.