Fast Break: Celtics vs. Wizards
|03.07.10 at 10:46 pm ET|
It looked like another disappointing home loss for the Celtics. Down by 12 in the third quarter, the C’s were on the verge of falling to the Wizards just a week after being upset by the Nets.
But that’s when their winning experience came into play. The Celtics outscored the Wizards 24-17 in the fourth quarter to secure a 86-83 comeback victory.
Turning Point: Down 81-77, Rajon Rondo scored a fastbreak layup and drew the foul on Al Thornton with 1:37 to go. He missed the free throw, but Kendrick Perkins kicked out the offensive rebound to Ray Allen, who drained a trey. This capped a 16-2 Celtics run and put them up, 82-81.
Player of the game: Ray Allen (25 points) got the Celtics momentum back with a pair of treys in the third quarter. Not only did he hit a go-ahead 3-pointer in the fourth, he knocked down the game-winning 3 with 17 seconds left.
- Rondo scored just two points in the first half. He got hot late in the third to score seven points in a span of two-minutes. He finished the game with 15 points.
- Michael Finley was inactive and watched the game from the end of the Celtics bench in a charcoal suit.
- Tony Allen played two minutes in his first game back since injuring his hip on Wednesday against the Bobcats.
- The Celtics are now 6-5 on Sundays and improved to 25-6 against sub-.500 opponents.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries