|First quarter: Celtics-Wizards||03.07.10 at 8:37 pm ET|
The obvious fear when playing a team like the Washington Wizards at 8 p.m. on a Sunday night is that the Celtics wouldn’t come out with enough energy. That was the story of the first 12 minutes as the C’s, and the crowd, sleepwalked through a 25-19 Wizards lead.
The Celtics dutifully worked the ball inside and got good shots, but they didn’t fall, going 7-for-21 from the floor. With favorable matchups at almost every position, the Celtics couldn’t seem to settle on a plan of attack.
The best idea involved Paul Pierce who had his way with Al Thornton and scored seven points. Washington’s Andray Blatche, who has been a revelation after the Wizards’ housecleaning at the trade deadline, has eight points and five rebounds.
- In honor of Gino Time!
- What would next year's Celtics look like?
- Celtics and Clippers still talking, still unable to agree upon a deal...
- DeAndre Jordan scouting report via Clips Nation
- Rumor: Celtics and Clippers back to negotiating Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/17
- How about a three way trade? Sorting out the Celtics, Clippers stalemate