|Fast Break: Celtics vs. Grizzlies||03.10.10 at 9:57 pm ET|
Here is an indication of how the Celtics 111-91 loss to the Grizzlies went:
The Grizzlies entered the game shooting 33.5 percent from 3-point range (26th in the league). On Wednesday they hit 56.3 percent.
The Celtics let the Grizzlies have their shots and, as a result, fell into a double-deficit in the first quarter. It doesn’t help that the Celtics put up one of their worst offensive performances of the season, either. They recorded season lows in first quarter points (12) and first half points (33).
Turning Point: The Celtics troubles started almost immediately. The Grizzlies went on a 7-0 run in the first half of the first quarter to go up 11-4. The C’s were down 15 by the end of the quarter.
Player of the Game: Rudy Gay scored 15 points in the first half and finished with a game-high 28 (10-18 FG, 3-5 3PG, 5-6 FT). He also added 8 rebounds.
- The Celtics were outrebounded 48-29. Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol grabbed 10 apiece.
- Gasol also dished five assists, more than everyone on the Celtics except for Rajon Rondo (8).
- Kendrick Perkins (4 points) scored less than 10 points for the sixth time in seven games.
- Michael Finley made his home debut and scored 10 points.
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin