Fast Break: Celtics vs. Grizzlies
|03.10.10 at 9:57 pm ET|
The Grizzlies entered the game shooting 33.5 percent from 3-point range (26th in the league). On Wednesday they hit 56.3 percent.
The Celtics let the Grizzlies have their shots and, as a result, fell into a double-deficit in the first quarter. It doesn’t help that the Celtics put up one of their worst offensive performances of the season, either. They recorded season lows in first quarter points (12) and first half points (33).
Turning Point: The Celtics troubles started almost immediately. The Grizzlies went on a 7-0 run in the first half of the first quarter to go up 11-4. The C’s were down 15 by the end of the quarter.
Player of the Game: Rudy Gay scored 15 points in the first half and finished with a game-high 28 (10-18 FG, 3-5 3PG, 5-6 FT). He also added 8 rebounds.
– The Celtics were outrebounded 48-29. Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol grabbed 10 apiece.
– Gasol also dished five assists, more than everyone on the Celtics except for Rajon Rondo (8).
– Kendrick Perkins (4 points) scored less than 10 points for the sixth time in seven games.
– Michael Finley made his home debut and scored 10 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?