First Quarter Wrap: Celtics vs. Grizzlies
|03.10.10 at 8:10 pm ET|
The Celtics scored 12 points in the first quarter … the entire first quarter.
The C’s shot a meager 25 percent from the floor and were outscored 27-12 by the Grizzlies, who are shooting a comfortable 55 percent from the field. It is the least amount of points the Celtics have scored in the first quarter all season.
Sam Young leads all players with nine points off the Grizzlies bench. Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph have combined for another 14. Ray Allen leads the Celtics with six points, but was sidelined early with foul trouble. Michael Finley made his home debut after Allen picked up his second.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?