Second quarter wrap: Celtics vs. Grizzlies
|03.10.10 at 8:45 pm ET|
The Celtics continued to play like a team that was exhausted from playing halfway across the country 24 hours earlier. The TD Garden didn’t take any sympathy on them, as they showered them with boos coming off the court.
Memphis took a 55-33 lead to the locker room, matching their largest advantage of the game. One fan even urged Kevin Garnett to “Wake up!” as Garnett missed all three shots and finished with no points in 16 minutes. But that plea could go for the entire team, which allowed Memphis to make 53.3 percent of their shots while shooting just 39 percent themselves.
But in a game where the younger Grizzlies are clearly showing their superior energy, the biggest margin is on the glass where Memphis is doubling up Boston, 28-14.
The 33 points is a low for the Celtics in the first half this season and the 22-point hole is their biggest at halftime this season.
As the Celtics continued to struggle, looking for any spark at all, coach Doc Rivers stayed with his second unit for the first six minutes of the second quarter.
Rudy Gay leads the Grizzlies with 15 points while no one in white and green is even in double figures. Rajon Rondo leads the Celtics with 9.
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/8
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?