|Third quarter wrap: Celtics vs. Grizzlies||03.10.10 at 9:28 pm ET|
The best thing the Celtics can say about the third quarter is they scored 30 points after scoring just 33 the previous 24 minutes. The problem is they’re not stopping Memphis, who maintained their comfortable lead at 82-63 heading into the fourth.
The highlight of the quarter was an alley-oop dunk by Kevin Garnett from Rajon Rondo with just under three minutes remaining that cut the Memphis lead to 14, at 71-57.
Earlier in the quarter, the Celtics went on a 9-0 run to cut the Memphis lead from 21 to 12 but the Celtics could get no closer.
The Celtics are still getting hammered on the glass (40-23) while shooting only marginally better in the third quarter, raising their percentage to 42 for the game.
Rondo had seven points in the quarter and leads the Green with 16. A pair of former UConn Huskies are making their presence known. Rudy Gay has a game-high 17 after three and Marcus Williams hit a key 3-pointer and leads the Grizzlies bench with 10.
- Terrence Williams: 'Two sides to every story'
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/25
- Celtics Waiting on Doc Rivers' decision
- Report: Doc Rivers' return to Celtics not certain
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"