|Third quarter wrap: Celtics vs. Pacers||03.12.10 at 9:27 pm ET|
There was no let up in the Celtics in the third quarter on this night. The Celtics led 67-47 at the break and expanded their lead to as many as 25 in the third quarter, taking a 98-78 lead into the final 12 minutes.
Paul Pierce had another seven points in the quarter and leads the Celtics with 20 while Rajon Rondo has 16 points and 11 assists. Former Georgetown star Roy Hibbert is marking his alma mater’s 23-point thrashing of Marquette in the Big East Tournament with a big night. He has 20 points on 8-of-11 shooting from the field to lead Indiana.
The entire second unit, which began the Celtics’ roll on this night late in the first quarter, finished out the third with Michael Finley, Glen Davis, Rasheed Wallace, Marquis Daniels and Nate Robinson looking like a smooth functioning unit.
This is the type of rest Doc Rivers would like to give his starters. Up 20 points and cruising late in the second half.
- Celtics/Clippers trade talks re-stuck, will resume again in the morning
- Clippers re-engage in talks with Celtics, determined to get deal done
- Boston Celtics Links 6/19
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout