Allen: ‘We’ve got a bunch of leaders’
|03.15.10 at 7:14 pm ET|
Ray Allen says the Celtics don’t come down to one or two individuals. They are not led by a single player, he notes. Never have been nor do they plan on becoming so.
‘The same as it’s always been,’ he said prior to the Celtics – Pistons game on Monday. ‘We’ve got a bunch of leaders on this team.’
‘I think maybe a different guy gotta try to step up and be a leader,’ reported the Boston Globe. ‘I think sometimes you try to feed off your All-Stars, but maybe somebody else gotta step up. I’m talking about leading by example. One spark or positive energy on the court and guys tend to feed off that. Maybe it’s gotta be me, Rondo, ‘Sheed, somebody.’’
A day later, Doc Rivers echoed the notion of players needing to step up. He believes his players have it in them, it is just a matter of putting it out there on the court. He pointed out Rasheed Wallace and Marquis Daniels specifically as two players the Celtics need better production from.
“I don’t care how frustrating it gets for me,” Rivers said before Monday’s game. “I see it, and if you see it or not, I see it and I’m going to get it out of you. And that’s what I told them after the game [Sunday]. I don’t know how but I will get it out of you.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason