Perkins reminded of old times
|03.16.10 at 12:53 am ET|
The Celtics were up by double digits late in the fourth quarter and Gino came out to celebrate. It was just like old times. Well, just like earlier in the season, actually.
The C’s commanding 119-93 win over the Pistons on Monday night in Boston was reminiscent of the blowout victories they had enjoyed so many times before. They got back to team basketball, something Kendrick Perkins was happy to be a part of.
‘I think today, the vibe was good on the court,’ he said after the game. ‘Guys were rooting for each other, being there on the help side, just being there, and it was just fun to be a part of.’
Perkins was particularly please with the Celtics’ ball movement. Shots produced by four or five passes were a result of strong communication and being in sync with one another. The overall team effort reminded Perkins of the start of the season, when they went on six- and 11-game winning streaks.
‘It does, especially when we’re playing like that,’ he said. ‘I think just how guys were sharing the ball, like I said, just fun to be a part of. It reminds you of the time we were playing, I think, at our best. Those are the things we were doing. And on the defensive end we were playing great defense and rebounding and running and guys were denying the ball.’
The Celtics have won six out of their last 10 and will face the Knicks on Wednesday at home.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason