First Half: Celtics – Rockets
|03.19.10 at 8:47 pm ET|
The Rockets jumped out to an quick lead but lost control over it just five minutes into the game. The Celtics trailed 13-6 early in the first before going on an 8-0 run to erase their deficit. The comeback was a team effort. The C’s first 10 points came off of baskets from each of the five starters. They led 28-24 after the first 12 minutes.
The Celtics held the Rockets scoreless for the first 3:38 of the second quarter. During that stretch, they went on a 5-0 run and built a nine-point lead. They still lead by nine at halftime, 50-41.
Paul Pierce is the Celtics high scorer with 11 points. Rasheed Wallace is having one of his best showings all season, driving the lane and hitting his outside shots. He had added seven points, four rebounds, and two blocks off the bench. Luis Scola leads all players with 13 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?