First Half: Celtics – Rockets
|03.19.10 at 8:47 pm ET|
The Rockets jumped out to an quick lead but lost control over it just five minutes into the game. The Celtics trailed 13-6 early in the first before going on an 8-0 run to erase their deficit. The comeback was a team effort. The C’s first 10 points came off of baskets from each of the five starters. They led 28-24 after the first 12 minutes.
The Celtics held the Rockets scoreless for the first 3:38 of the second quarter. During that stretch, they went on a 5-0 run and built a nine-point lead. They still lead by nine at halftime, 50-41.
Paul Pierce is the Celtics high scorer with 11 points. Rasheed Wallace is having one of his best showings all season, driving the lane and hitting his outside shots. He had added seven points, four rebounds, and two blocks off the bench. Luis Scola leads all players with 13 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...