|03.22.10 at 10:16 pm ET|
The Celtics won the first two games on their road trip, but after one half in Utah it’s clear that they want the three-game sweep. Glen Davis scored 13 points off the bench and made all seven of his free throws, while Nate Robinson added eight points on just three shots and the Celtics have a 54-49 lead.
The Celtics bench has outscored Utah’s 26-11. Ray Allen scored 10 points and Paul Pierce, who was named the NBA’s Player of the Week, added nine points and four rebounds. It hasn’t been pretty. The two teams have combined for 32 free throws 23 turnovers and 21 fouls.
Foul trouble affected both teams early as Kendrick Perkins and Carlos Boozer each got two in the first quarter. Boozer and Paul Millsap each have three fouls for the Jazz, while Rajon Rondo got his third right before the half.
With Millsap and Boozer out, the Celtics are enjoying a 21-11 edge on the boards. Utah has just one offensive rebound and the Celtics have six.
It’s also been a half of runs. The Celtics opened up a 13-6 lead before Utah came back and scored eight straight. The C’s then ran off their own 8-0 run to take control of the game. Late in the first half, an Allen 3-pointer gave them a 54-42 lead, but the Jazz sliced it to five with a 7-0 run. C.J. Miles and Deron Williams have kept Utah in the game with 13 points apiece.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk