Technically, Doc not happy with Davis
|03.27.10 at 12:29 am ET|
Glen Davis picked up a technical foul with 1:16 left in the third quarter and the Celtics leading 72-54. Beno Udrih made all three free throws and then scored four more point before time expired as the Kings trimmed what had been a 24-point lead down to 13, 74-61.
Doc Rivers wasn’t happy with Davis for the transgression.
“You don’t get a technical in that situation,” Rivers said. “You’re not [Kevin] Garnett. You don’t get the liberty to talk to the officials. I don’t know. Clearly, he earned it, I guess. But you just don’t get it.”
Rivers mood wasn’t helped by Davis’ play either. Playing without Kendrick Perkins, who missed the game with knee tendinitis, Davis entered the game early after Rasheed Wallace picked up two early fouls. Davis responded with four points and two rebounds but he was non-factor the rest of the game.
“He wasn’t playing well anyway at that point,” Rivers said. “I thought he was playing like the score and he’s not at that point in his life where he can turn it on and off. We need him to be an every-possession player and I didn’t think he was that tonight.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...