|03.28.10 at 9:15 pm ET|
At the half the Celtics and Spurs are locked in a tight defensive-minded contest. Both teams are shooting around 40 percent from the floor, but the Spurs have a44-43 lead.
Kevin Garnett scored eight points in the first quarter and has 10 points and six rebounds. Garnett hit the deck hard after he was fouled by Manu Ginobli, but he bounced up after a minute and appears to be OK. Garnett’s old nemesis, Tim Duncan, missed his first four shots and has only four points.
Ginobli leads all scorers with 16 points.
One game after being held to just one rebound, Rasheed Wallace grabbed six in the first eight minutes. Wallace started in place of Kendrick Perkins who missed his second game with tendinitis in his knee. Doc Rivers said before the game that he anticipates Perkins being ready to play Wednesday against the Thunder.
Michael Finley played seven minutes against his former team and was held scoreless. He attempted just one shot.
Nate Robinson did play after spraining his ankle Friday against the Kings.
The other bright spot for the Celtics was the play of Shelden Williams who had six points, three rebounds and one empahtic two-handed dunk.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason