Perkins expects to play on Wednesday
|03.29.10 at 1:05 am ET|
On Sunday, Kendrick Perkins missed his second straight game with tendonitis in his left knee. Following the Celtics loss to the Spurs, he told WEEI.com he expects to practice on Tuesday and play on Wednesday against the Thunder.
‘I feel good,’ he said, adding, ‘[I’m getting] a lot of rest, hitting the weights, pool, so it’ll be alright.’
Even though he has his return in sight, that didn’t make the Celtics loss any easier to watch from the bench.
‘It sucked,’ he said. ‘You always want to be on the court.’
Even though the Celtics missed Perkins on the court as well — they were outrebounded 48-37 — they don’t want him to push himself either.
‘I would say [we missed] his defensive tenacity, but it’s no rush with Perk,’ said Rasheed Wallace. ‘These last few games, we’re already set. These last few games, they mean something but they don’t mean nothing, if you get what I’m saying. But our main thing is to get Perk healthy, take a couple games off, lay off them knees for a minute, and come back with some fresh legs.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason