Perkins expects to play on Wednesday
|03.29.10 at 1:05 am ET|
On Sunday, Kendrick Perkins missed his second straight game with tendonitis in his left knee. Following the Celtics loss to the Spurs, he told WEEI.com he expects to practice on Tuesday and play on Wednesday against the Thunder.
‘I feel good,’ he said, adding, ‘[I’m getting] a lot of rest, hitting the weights, pool, so it’ll be alright.’
Even though he has his return in sight, that didn’t make the Celtics loss any easier to watch from the bench.
‘It sucked,’ he said. ‘You always want to be on the court.’
Even though the Celtics missed Perkins on the court as well — they were outrebounded 48-37 — they don’t want him to push himself either.
‘I would say [we missed] his defensive tenacity, but it’s no rush with Perk,’ said Rasheed Wallace. ‘These last few games, we’re already set. These last few games, they mean something but they don’t mean nothing, if you get what I’m saying. But our main thing is to get Perk healthy, take a couple games off, lay off them knees for a minute, and come back with some fresh legs.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?