Garnett fined for ‘Michael @#$% Jordan’ remark
|04.02.10 at 1:51 pm ET|
The NBA fined Kevin Garnett $25,000 on Friday for his remark criticizing officials following a loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night.
After Kevin Durant made all 15 free throws and the Celtics made just 13-of-17 at the line, Garnett said, “I thought we were playing Michael [expletive] Jordan the way he was getting the whistle. Durant damn near shot more free throws than our whole team for the game.”
Stu Jackson, NBA Vice President for Operations, made the announcement.
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...