|04.07.10 at 8:14 pm ET|
At the half, the Celtics trail Toronto 54-52. Once again the Celtics are shooting over 50 percent (52.8 to be exact), but once again turnovers have once again been the Celtics Achilles heel. They have nine in the first half, four from Rajon Rondo alone.
Paul Pierce has been the go-to guy with 17 points, despite picking up two fouls in the first six minutes. Kendrick Perkins also played well with seven points and eight rebounds and Tony Allen continued his fine play off the bench with seven points.
Sonny Weems is on his way to having a career night for Toronto with 17 points on 7-for-9 shooting. The foul trouble is mounting for Toronto as Amir Johnson has four fouls and Reggie Evans has three.
As expected, Chris Bosh did not play for the Raptors. He had surgery to repair a facial fracture after he caught an elbow from Cleveland’s Antawn Jamison in their game Tuesday. It is unlikely that Bosh will play again during the regular season. He will be a free agent this summer.
It got worse for the Raptors as Hedo Turkoglu was inadvertently hit in the face by Tony Allen late in the first quarter and had to leave the game. He did not return and is listed as questionable with a nasal contusion.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...