|04.07.10 at 8:14 pm ET|
At the half, the Celtics trail Toronto 54-52. Once again the Celtics are shooting over 50 percent (52.8 to be exact), but once again turnovers have once again been the Celtics Achilles heel. They have nine in the first half, four from Rajon Rondo alone.
Paul Pierce has been the go-to guy with 17 points, despite picking up two fouls in the first six minutes. Kendrick Perkins also played well with seven points and eight rebounds and Tony Allen continued his fine play off the bench with seven points.
Sonny Weems is on his way to having a career night for Toronto with 17 points on 7-for-9 shooting. The foul trouble is mounting for Toronto as Amir Johnson has four fouls and Reggie Evans has three.
As expected, Chris Bosh did not play for the Raptors. He had surgery to repair a facial fracture after he caught an elbow from Cleveland’s Antawn Jamison in their game Tuesday. It is unlikely that Bosh will play again during the regular season. He will be a free agent this summer.
It got worse for the Raptors as Hedo Turkoglu was inadvertently hit in the face by Tony Allen late in the first quarter and had to leave the game. He did not return and is listed as questionable with a nasal contusion.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?