Fast Break: Celtics – Bucks
|04.14.10 at 10:22 pm ET|
On Fan Appreciation Night, Paul Pierce addressed the crowd ‘¦ and then headed to the bench. He, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Kendrick Perkins sat out of Wednesday’s game against the Bucks. Rajon Rondo was the only starter to actually start and was joined by Marquis Daniels, Glen Davis, Michael Finley, and Rasheed Wallace.
The Celtics lost, 106-95, as they rested their players in preparation for the playoffs.
First quarter: The Celtics started the game 0-for-5 from the field before finishing the quarter shooting 8-for-19 (42%). The Bucks closed out the final three minutes of the quarter run and led 23-20 after 12 minutes. John Salmons led all players with 10 points; Rajon Rondo scored nine for the Celtics.
Second quarter: Luke Ridnour and Jerry Stackhouse combined for 24 points as the Bucks outscored the Celtics, 32-30, in the second quarter. Even though the Celtics shot a perfect 3-for-3 from 3-point range, they were edged slightly by the Bucks’ 62 percent field goal shooting. The C’s were also outrebounded, 10-6. At halftime, Bucks 55 – Celtoics 50.
Third quarter: The Bucks continued to top the Celtics, 33-28, behind a combined 16 points from Carlos Delfino and Ersan Ilyasova. Michael Finley scored 8 points off of perfect shooting (3-3 FG, 2-2 3PG). The Celtics, however, were outscored 17-6 in the final five minutes of the quarter.
Fourth quarter: The Celtics were edged, 18-17, in the final quarter. Rajon Rondo finished as the game’s leading scorer with 21 points and 15 assists in the loss. Stackhouse and Ridnour led the Bucks with 17 points. The Bucks outrebounded the Celtics, 41-34.
Player of the Game: Rondo thrived in his role as the only member of the starting lineup to play. He posted 21 points (7-14 FG) and 15 assists.
Turning point: The Bucks had the edge from tipoff when four of the five Celtics starters did not take the court.
– Oliver Lafayette made his Celtics debut. He scored 7 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.
– The Celtics outscored the Bucks, 44-28, in the paint.
– The C’s also outscored the Bucks, 15-5, on fastbreak points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?