Celtics land 19th pick in draft
|04.16.10 at 6:54 pm ET|
While it’s uncertain what will happen over the next few weeks in the playoffs, there is some certainty with the Celtics in June:
They will have the 19th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.
On Friday at the Board of Governors meeting in New York City, NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson conducted random drawings to determine the draft order among teams with identical regular-season records.
The Celtics (50-32) won a four-way tiebreaker with the Spurs, Thunder and Trail Blazers to land the 19th spot. The order is reversed in the second round, so the Celtics will have the 52nd pick.
There were a total of six tiebreakers conducted. Picks 1-14 will not be determined until the NBA Draft Lottery on May 18.
See the picks that have been determined so far:
15. Chicago (To Milwaukee)
16. Charlotte (To Minnesota via Denver)
17. Milwaukee (To Chicago)
20. San Antonio
21. Oklahoma City
23. Utah (To Minnesota via Philadelphia)
25. Denver (To Memphis)
26. Phoenix (To Oklahoma City)
27. Dallas (To New Jersey)
28. LA Lakers (To Memphis)
30. Cleveland (To Washington)
31. New Jersey
32. Minnesota (To Oklahoma City)
34/35. Golden State
36/37. Philadelphia (To Milwaukee)
38/39. New York
38/39. LA Clippers (To New York via Denver)
41. New Orleans (To Miami)
42/43. Toronto (To Miami)
42/43. Memphis (To LA Lakers)
44. Chicago (To Portland)
45. Houston (To Minnesota)
46. Charlotte (To Phoenix)
49. San Antonio
50. Oklahoma City (To Dallas)
51. Portland (To Oklahoma City via Dallas and Minnesota)
54. Denver (To LA Clippers)
56. Phoenix (To Minnesota)
58. LA Lakers
60. Cleveland (To Phoenix)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?