Garnett has no regrets
|04.18.10 at 3:48 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Kevin Garnett does not regret his actions during Game 1 of the Celtics – Heat playoffs series, he said following practice on Sunday. He was ejected after receiving two technical fouls during a fourth quarter altercation with Quentin Richardson.
‘No, not at all, not at all, not at all,’ he said. ‘I would hope that if I was hurt or if I was down in that position, someone would at least give me some space to sort of recover or gather myself. That’s the only thing I was asking for. Nothing more, nothing less than that.’
Garnett has yet to hear a ruling from the NBA on the incident which began when Richardson approached him and Paul Pierce as Pierce lay in front of the Heat bench. When asked if he is confident if the Celtics could win if he were suspended, he once again stood by his actions.
“It’s what it is,” he said. “Listen man, I would do that if Doc, if somebody I cared about, I tend to, I was taught to help a teammate and that’s what it is. If I have to miss a game because of my actions defending a teammate, then that’s what it is. It’s really not in my control in at this point.”
In the meantime, Garnett has apologized to his teammates and looks to move on. He did not want to entertain comments made by Richardson following the game in which he referred to Garnett and Paul Pierce as ‘actresses.’
‘No thoughts at all,’ he said. ‘Classless, classless act on his part. And I’m moving on with it. I’m not going to back and forth commenting through you guys. Endless.’
The Celtics and Heat will play Game 2 on Tuesday in Boston. The Celtics lead the series, 1-0.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...