|Rivers: No comment on Noah’s rip of KG||04.18.10 at 4:06 pm ET|
Emotions were high on Saturday night in Boston between the Celtics and Heat, and now they are spreading to … Cleveland?
On Sunday, Bulls center Joakim Noah ripped Kevin Garnett following Garnett’s altercation with Quentin Richardson in Game 1. Noah expressed plenty of his own emotion to reporters in Cleveland, where the Bulls are playing a first round series against the Cavaliers.
“He’s unbelievable, that guy,” Noah told the media. “I’m gonna say it: He’s a dirty player, man. That’s messed up.”
When asked about Noah’s statement, Doc Rivers chose not to comment.
“Noah? Noah’s in this series now? Well I have no comment,” he said following Celtics practice. “If Noah had said that last year, I would have had a comment. But since he’s in Cleveland dealing with that, I’m just going to let him focus on Shaq and that group right now.”
Noah did, in fact, have pointed words for Garnett during last season’s first round match up between the Celtics and Bulls. Prior to Game 7, he told WEEI.com that he was no longer a fan of his childhood favorite player.
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?
- Clippers call off talks for Doc Rivers - real or posturing?
- NBA Trade Rumors: Latest updates on Celtics, Clippers megadeal for Doc...
- Celtics may be willing to accept two draft picks instead of cap savings
- In honor of Gino Time!