Rondo receives votes for NBA’s Most Improved Player
|04.22.10 at 2:40 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo received two first place votes for the 2009-10 Most Improved Player Award presented by Kia Motors. The league announced Rockets guard Aaron Brooks as the recipient of the award on Thursday.
This regular season Rondo averaged 13.7 points, 9.8 assists, 4.4 rebounds, and 2.3 steals per game, up from 11.9 points, 8.2 assists, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.9 steals last season. He led the entire league in steals and the Eastern Conference in dimes (fourth overall). Rondo was named to his first All-Star team this year as well.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...