Pierce: It’s a must win
|04.24.10 at 4:58 pm ET|
MIAMI — The Celtics elected not to hold practice Saturday afternoon after taking Game 3 from Miami on a dramatic buzzer-beater by Paul Pierce to take a 3-0 lead in their series, but don’t mistake that for over-confidence.
“I’m looking at it like it’s a 3-3 tie,” Pierce said. “It’s a must game for us. We want to be desperate for this win. We don’t want them coming back to Boston with any kind of confidence. You never know what can happen in this league. They’ve got a great player in [Dwyane] Wade and a team that played well down the stretch”
Ray Allen equated it to running a marathon.
“You don’t win anything if you get four in the first round,” he said. “Winning three games doesn’t mean anything either. You can’t go around and be fuzzy because you’ve won a couple of game. We have to make sure that we follow through because it is a process. It’s like running a marathon. You’re not done until you cross the finish line. So we have a finish line and we have to cross it.”
Kevin Garnett was asked if winning this series would give the Celtics some momentum going forward. Predictably, he did not bite.
“At this point right now, man, we’re focused on the Heat,” Garnett said. “We’re not looking past this game. I’m not even going to indulge in any of that conversation. The focus right now is trying to win this game in Miami.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason