Wade suffers cramp
|04.24.10 at 12:23 am ET|
MIAMI – Heat star Dwyane Wade suffered a cramp in his left leg and wasn’t on the court for Paul Pierce’s game-winner. That was about the only thing Wade wasn’t involved in for the Heat in their 100-98 Game 3 loss.
He played 43 minutes and scored 34 points on 26 shots, but late in the game he started to feel the effects of all his work. The good news for the Heat is that he should be ready to play in Game 4 Sunday.
“He just willed himself to continue to play all the way through to the end,” Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said. “Right now it’s just a cramp and he’s getting fluids. It should be something we can work out.”
With the score tied at 98, Wade pulled up for a 3-pointer instead of attacking the basket.
“It limited me in the last five minutes,” Wade said. “I wanted to attack and be more aggressive, but I knew that’s how it would have ended up. I had nothing. I was trying to fight through it and pass to my teammates. They hit some big shots, but it was very unfortunate. The basketball gods were with them on that one because I wasn’t able to put pressure on them at the end like I wanted to.”
Although Wade wasn’t on the floor for the final play, he wasn’t far from the Celtics thoughts. Doc Rivers planned specifically to keep the ball in Pierce’s hands, far away from Wade.
“We learned that lesson the last time we were in Miami,” Rivers said. “You don’t fool around with Wade. He tends to steal it and go for layups.”
That was a reference to a regular season game when Wade stripped Ray Allen at the top of the key and went in for two points late in the game. The Celtics were able to rally to tie the game and went on to win it in overtime.
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...