Ray Allen’s historic misses
|04.25.10 at 7:01 pm ET|
MIAMI – Ray Allen missed three free throws in the span of 46 seconds in Game 4 against the Heat Sunday afternoon. Just how much of an aberration was it? The last time Allen missed that many was Dec. 26, 2006 when he was playing for the Sonics. Allen actually missed four in that game, but it has never happened in a Celtic uniform.
“I felt like I had a bad rhythm,” Allen said. “I missed one the last game and the ball looks on line and it catches the bad part of the rim. For me, I look at it as a fluke when it does that. Sometimes I’m just unlucky. I just got to get back in [the gym] and shoot a couple hundred. It’s just a part of the game. The ball goes and goes out. Obviously you want it to go in. Sometimes there’s just no explanation for it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?