Third-Quarter Wrap: Celtics-Heat
|04.27.10 at 8:58 pm ET|
The Celtics lead the Heat by a score of 71-65 after the third quarter.
For the first five minutes of the quarter it looked like this series was on life support. When Kendrick Perkins scored on a sweet pass from Rajon Rondo at 6:56 the Celtics had a 67-46 lead. The Perkins score capped a 19-8 run for the Celtics, a stretch that included a trio of three-pointers from Ray Allen (now with 13 points in the game). It sure seemed at the time that Miami was more than willing to exit stage left and do so quietly.
But the Heat (OK, and by the Heat I mean Dwyane Wade) showed serious heart, ending the quarter on a 19-4 run. Wade scored 10 points in the quarter and leads all players with 21 points. Mario Chalmers, to be fair, also stepped up, scoring nine points. Chalmers has 15 points off the bench, seven more than the entire Celtics reserve unit.
Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo each have 16 points to pace the Celtics. The Celtics have hit just 12-of-34 shots since the end of the first quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...