First Quarter Wrap: Celtics – Cavs
|05.03.10 at 8:45 pm ET|
First quarter: Celtics 26 – Cavaliers 22
Celtics: Rajon Rondo – 6 points (2-2 FG, 1-1 3PG)
Cavs: Antawn Jamison – 6 points (3-5 FG), Anthony Parker – 6 points (2-4 FG, 2-2 3PG)
Field goal percentage: Celtics 66.7% – Cavaliers 37.5%
Turnovers: Celtics 7 – Cavaliers 3
Fouls: Celtics 6 – Cavaliers 4
Doc River said Rasheed Wallace had to play better. So far, he’s listened. Wallace replaced Kendrick Perkins in the first quarter and hit his first basket (a jumper) less than a minute later. He posted 5 points and 1 rebound in two minutes.
The Celtics were successful in containing LeBron James (3 points, 1-4 FG), but the team committed seven turnovers in the quarter, giving up some of their defensive edge.
Paul Pierce picked up two fouls in 10 seconds – one trying to stop James at the basket, the other an offensive call against Anthony Parker.
Rajon Rondo quieted the Cavs crowd with a 3-pointer as time ran down to push the C’s lead up to four.
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?