Third Quarter Wrap: Celtics – Cavs
|05.03.10 at 10:12 pm ET|
End of third quarter: Celtics 83 – Cavaliers 60
Leading scorers through three quarters
Celtics: Ray Allen – 20 points (7-11 FG, 3-5 3PG, 3-4 FT)
Cavs: Antawn Jamison – 13 points (5-8 FG), 1-2 3PG, 2-4 FT)
Key stats through three quarters
Turnovers: Celtics 14 – Cavaliers 12
Fouls: Celtics 20 – Cavaliers 10
After the Celtics got outscored, 36-24, in the third quarter of Game 1, they responded in Game 2 with a third quarter push of their own. The C’s outscored the Cavs 31-12, to take a 23-point lead. Records were reached and tempers flared during the stretch. Rajon Rondo tied Bob Cousy’s franchise mark with 19 assists in a postseason game. Kendrick Perkins and Anderson Varejao were issued double technicals when things got heated following the whistle. Minutes later, Varejao was called for a technical as Ray Allen drove to the basket. The Celtics committed just four fouls in the quarter, compared to 16 in the first half.
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk
- Rondo could be medically cleared next week
- The Celtics are hoping that the 3rd time's a charm as they host the Bucks