|Third Quarter Wrap: Celtics – Cavs||05.03.10 at 10:12 pm ET|
End of third quarter: Celtics 83 – Cavaliers 60
Leading scorers through three quarters
Celtics: Ray Allen – 20 points (7-11 FG, 3-5 3PG, 3-4 FT)
Cavs: Antawn Jamison – 13 points (5-8 FG), 1-2 3PG, 2-4 FT)
Key stats through three quarters
Turnovers: Celtics 14 – Cavaliers 12
Fouls: Celtics 20 – Cavaliers 10
After the Celtics got outscored, 36-24, in the third quarter of Game 1, they responded in Game 2 with a third quarter push of their own. The C’s outscored the Cavs 31-12, to take a 23-point lead. Records were reached and tempers flared during the stretch. Rajon Rondo tied Bob Cousy’s franchise mark with 19 assists in a postseason game. Kendrick Perkins and Anderson Varejao were issued double technicals when things got heated following the whistle. Minutes later, Varejao was called for a technical as Ray Allen drove to the basket. The Celtics committed just four fouls in the quarter, compared to 16 in the first half.
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors