Ainge on Big Show: ‘I regret’ towel incident
|05.05.10 at 7:34 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge joined The Big Show on Wednesday and talked about the controversy surrounding his actions in the second half of Monday’s Game 2 victory over the Cavaliers. Ainge was seen throwing a white towel in the air from behind the basket in an attempt to distract Cavs forward J.J. Hickson during a free throw attempt.
‘I regret that. It was very unprofessional,” said Ainge. “I was having fun with the hecklers and the crowd who were sitting around me. There’s just no excuse. It was unprofessional. I regret doing it.’
Ainge admitted that his competitive nature can “get the best of me,” but hopes that “we can move on past this and just focus on the players and the real issues at hand.”
Ainge said that he has not heard from the league but “is sure” that he will at some point.
To hear the interview, click on The Big Show audio on demand page.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?