Ainge’s towel toss under league review
|05.05.10 at 9:07 am ET|
When he played, Celtics general manager Danny Ainge was known as a guy who would do anything to win. Apparently, he hasn’t lost that edge. During Monday night’s game in Cleveland, Ainge, sitting just to the side of the basket, threw a towel in the air in an attempt to distract J.J. Hickson, who was shooting a free throw. An NBA spokesman said “The situation is under review.”
Cavaliers coach Mike Brown didn’t seem too concerned after the game, saying: “That was interesting to see that happen during the flow of the game, from Danny Ainge. If it’s within the rules, hey, at this time, you do whatever you can to win. As long as it’s within the rules.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...