|Rondo named to NBA-All Defensive Team||05.05.10 at 3:06 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, the league announced on Wednesday. Rondo finished second in voting to Dwight Howard. LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Gerald Wallace were also named to the First Team.
Rondo led the league with 2.3 steals per game during the regular season. He set a Celtics franchise record in single-season steals (189), held previously by Rick Fox (1996-97). Rondo also ranked 10th among all guards with 360 total rebounds (4.4 rpg).
Members of the First and Second Teams were voted on by position by the NBA’s head coaches, who were not allowed to vote for players from their own teams. Players received two points for a First Team vote and one point for a Second Team vote.
All-Defensive First Team
Center – Dwight Howard, Magic (57 points)
Guard – Rajon Rondo, Celtics (50 points)
Forward – LeBron James, Cavaliers (45 points)
Guard – Kobe Bryant, Lakers (34 points)
Forward – Gerald Wallace, Bobcats (30 points)
All-Defensive Second Team
Center – Tim Duncan, Spurs (21 points)
Guard – Dwyane Wade, Heat (20 points)
Forward – Josh Smith, Hawks (20 points)
Forward – Anderson Varejao, Cavaliers (15 points)
Guard – Thabo Sefolosha, Thunder (14 points)
- Clippers re-engage in talks with Celtics, determined to get deal done
- Boston Celtics Links 6/19
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Danny and Doc had a Splittsville On Ubuntu!!!!