Rondo named to NBA-All Defensive Team
|05.05.10 at 3:06 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, the league announced on Wednesday. Rondo finished second in voting to Dwight Howard. LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Gerald Wallace were also named to the First Team.
Rondo led the league with 2.3 steals per game during the regular season. He set a Celtics franchise record in single-season steals (189), held previously by Rick Fox (1996-97). Rondo also ranked 10th among all guards with 360 total rebounds (4.4 rpg).
Members of the First and Second Teams were voted on by position by the NBA’s head coaches, who were not allowed to vote for players from their own teams. Players received two points for a First Team vote and one point for a Second Team vote.
All-Defensive First Team
Center ‘ Dwight Howard, Magic (57 points)
Guard ‘ Rajon Rondo, Celtics (50 points)
Forward ‘ LeBron James, Cavaliers (45 points)
Guard ‘ Kobe Bryant, Lakers (34 points)
Forward ‘ Gerald Wallace, Bobcats (30 points)
All-Defensive Second Team
Center ‘ Tim Duncan, Spurs (21 points)
Guard ‘ Dwyane Wade, Heat (20 points)
Forward ‘ Josh Smith, Hawks (20 points)
Forward ‘ Anderson Varejao, Cavaliers (15 points)
Guard ‘ Thabo Sefolosha, Thunder (14 points)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...