Ainge fined $25K for towel incident
|05.06.10 at 12:37 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was fined $25,000 by the NBA for tossing a towel in the air to distract J.J. Hickson during a free throw attempt in Game 2 of the Celtics-Cavaliers Monday night. The league punished Ainge for “creating an unauthorized distraction and for conduct detrimental to the game.” Ainge talked about the incident during his appearance on The Big Show Wednesday afternoon. “There’s just no excuse,” he said. “It was unprofessional. I regret doing it. The biggest reason I regret it is you guys should be talking about the great play of the Celtics and not talking about a towel incident. I’m shocked that it’s become this big a deal.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?