Ainge fined $25K for towel incident
|05.06.10 at 12:37 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was fined $25,000 by the NBA for tossing a towel in the air to distract J.J. Hickson during a free throw attempt in Game 2 of the Celtics-Cavaliers Monday night. The league punished Ainge for “creating an unauthorized distraction and for conduct detrimental to the game.” Ainge talked about the incident during his appearance on The Big Show Wednesday afternoon. “There’s just no excuse,” he said. “It was unprofessional. I regret doing it. The biggest reason I regret it is you guys should be talking about the great play of the Celtics and not talking about a towel incident. I’m shocked that it’s become this big a deal.”
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning