Ainge fined $25K for towel incident
|05.06.10 at 12:37 pm ET|
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was fined $25,000 by the NBA for tossing a towel in the air to distract J.J. Hickson during a free throw attempt in Game 2 of the Celtics-Cavaliers Monday night. The league punished Ainge for “creating an unauthorized distraction and for conduct detrimental to the game.” Ainge talked about the incident during his appearance on The Big Show Wednesday afternoon. “There’s just no excuse,” he said. “It was unprofessional. I regret doing it. The biggest reason I regret it is you guys should be talking about the great play of the Celtics and not talking about a towel incident. I’m shocked that it’s become this big a deal.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...