No Celtics Named to All-NBA Teams
|05.06.10 at 2:29 pm ET|
A day after Rajon Rondo was named to the NBA’s All-Defensive First Team, none of the Celtics were named to First, Second, or Third All-NBA Teams. LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, and Dwyane Wade were named to the First Team, the league announced on Thursday.
Last season, Paul Pierce was named to the Second Team and received 330 points, including 27 First Team votes. This season, he received a total of six points. Rondo led the Celtics this season with 47 points, 45 more than last season.
Teams were chosen by position by a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. Points were awarded on a 5-3-1 scale.
See how the Celtics fared in voting from last season to now:
Paul Pierce: 330 points
Kevin Garnett: 72 points
Ray Allen: 6 points
Rajon Rondo: 2 points
Rajon Rondo: 47 points
Paul Pierce: 6 points
Kevin Garnett: 1 point
Click here for a complete list of First, Second, and Third Team members.
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11