|No Celtics Named to All-NBA Teams||05.06.10 at 2:29 pm ET|
A day after Rajon Rondo was named to the NBA’s All-Defensive First Team, none of the Celtics were named to First, Second, or Third All-NBA Teams. LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, and Dwyane Wade were named to the First Team, the league announced on Thursday.
Last season, Paul Pierce was named to the Second Team and received 330 points, including 27 First Team votes. This season, he received a total of six points. Rondo led the Celtics this season with 47 points, 45 more than last season.
Teams were chosen by position by a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. Points were awarded on a 5-3-1 scale.
See how the Celtics fared in voting from last season to now:
Paul Pierce: 330 points
Kevin Garnett: 72 points
Ray Allen: 6 points
Rajon Rondo: 2 points
Rajon Rondo: 47 points
Paul Pierce: 6 points
Kevin Garnett: 1 point
Click here for a complete list of First, Second, and Third Team members.
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin