Rondo takes on the big screen
|05.10.10 at 1:03 am ET|
Rondo has a cameo role in the upcoming film ‘Just Wright,’ a romantic comedy about a basketball player starring Common and Queen Latifah, which opens in theaters on Friday.
‘I’m friends with Common,’ Rondo told WEEI.com. ‘He asked me if I wasn’t doing anything, there was a basketball movie and he would try to get me a part in it, and he did.’
Rondo shot his scene last summer in New York. He soaked up the total movie experience, complete with hair, makeup and long hours on set.
‘It was actually different than I expected,’ he said. ‘We were on set for like 12 hours. My actual shot is maybe like 30 seconds.’
Even though Rondo did not have a speaking role in the movie, he still enjoyed being part of the production.
‘[My favorite part was] just seeing how they do it,’ he said. ‘I’ve never been on a movie set before so it was just first experience. I didn’t know you do one particular scene like an entire day. We did maybe like 20 takes. It was crazy. I didn’t expect it. But the guys from the cast were very funny, so I had a great time.’
Rondo is not the first Celtic to have a brush with the silver screen. Ray Allen starred in ‘He Got Game’ and Glen Davis was a top candidate for the leading role in ‘The Blind Side.’ But don’t expect Rondo to be sending out demo tapes any time soon.
‘I’m not trying to pursue an acting career,’ he said. ‘I was myself in the movie.’
Rondo has proved he doesn’t need to be in movies to play a starring role.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...