Jon Barry on D&C: Rondo in elite company
|05.11.10 at 8:59 am ET|
Jon Barry, who serves as an NBA analyst on ESPN and ABC, joined the Dennis & Callahan show Tuesday morning to talk about the Celtics-Cavaliers series. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page. Barry said Rajon Rondo’s performance on Sunday cements his status as the maquee player on the C’s, ahead of the Big Three. Said Barry: “He’s quickly becoming the system, like Steve Nash in Phoenix. There’s not a guy in the league who wouldn’t say he wants to play with Steve Nash. Rondo’s quickly becoming the guys who is mentioned in that same breath.”
Barry said the Cavaliers continue to lean too heavily on LeBron James. “Their reliance on him to be superhuman is just too much,” Barry said. “When he doesn’t go crazy, they don’t win. They’ve got enough talent that they should be better than this.”
Barry suggested the Cavaliers should try inserting center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who has taken a back seat to Shaquille O’Neal in the playoffs. And he expects to see the Cavs push the ball more aggressively and consistently, based on their success when they’ve done that in this series. “Cleveland in Game 3 did everything in transition. They pushed the tempo,” Barry said. “They did it in Game 3, then in Game 4, nothing. … I don’t understand how that happens.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...